Our latest logo
Read This First (Show)
We are the Eastern Iowa Science and Engineering Fair (EISEF).
Our mission is to inspire eastern Iowa’s students to pursue careers in science, engineering, and math.
To accomplish our mission, every year we do the following:
- We challenge the students in grades 6–12 to do science projects.
- We support their parents and teachers in guiding their projects.
- We invite them to Cedar Rapids to exhibit their projects and explain what they learned.
- We recognize the deserving students with awards, prizes, and scholarships.
- We send the very best students to the International Science and Engineering Fair, to exhibit their projects alongside the best students from around the world.
- We raise funds and mobilize volunteers and resources to make all this happen.
- We try to have fun doing it, and make it fun for everyone else.
This web site is a primary source of information for the people who carry out EISEF’s mission:
Follow the links above, on the left, and in the EISEF News section below to find the information you need for your part in EISEF’s mission.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is March 2, 2015.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 21, 2014.
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Thursday, September 11, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 10–15, 2015. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2015.
Grand Awards for Iowa students in Los Angeles:
Aparna Ajjarapu (Ames High School, Ames)
- Microbiology, Fourth Award of $500
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2014 Photo Album.
100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of all the student exhibits. We’ve posted them to the 2014 Photo Album. Now to tweak their captions, and add other photos from the Fair.
Mark Oehler, the professional photographer at the Fair, has a gallery of the EISEF 2014 exhibits for you to enjoy.