Our latest logo
Read This First (Show)
We are the Eastern Iowa Science and Engineering Fair (EISEF).
Our mission is to inspire eastern Iowa’s students to pursue careers in science, engineering, and math.
To accomplish our mission, every year we do the following:
- We challenge the students in grades 6–12 to do science projects.
- We support their parents and teachers in guiding their projects.
- We invite them to Cedar Rapids to exhibit their projects and explain what they learned.
- We recognize the deserving students with awards, prizes, and scholarships.
- We send the very best students to the International Science and Engineering Fair, to exhibit their projects alongside the best students from around the world.
- We raise funds and mobilize volunteers and resources to make all this happen.
- We try to have fun doing it, and make it fun for everyone else.
This web site is a primary source of information for the people who carry out EISEF’s mission:
Follow the links above, on the left, and in the EISEF News section below to find the information you need for your part in EISEF’s mission.
Grand Awards for Iowa students in Los Angeles:
Aparna Ajjarapu (Ames High School, Ames)
- Microbiology, Fourth Award of $500
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2014 Photo Album.
100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of all the student exhibits. We’ve posted them to the 2014 Photo Album. Now to tweak their captions, and add other photos from the Fair.
Mark Oehler, the professional photographer at the Fair, has a gallery of the EISEF 2014 exhibits for you to enjoy.
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 15, 2014 — 4 months ago.
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, May 11–16.
- 259 students attended, with 188 exhibits.
- 126 judges interviewed them.
- They received 190 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2014 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to the , and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Los Angeles, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 15, 2014, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
Key locations (All locations are the same as 2013.)
- EISEF Headquarters: Lower level by Center Court.
- Student registration: Center Court, near the fountain, between Kay Jewelers and Rogers Jewelry.
- Judges’ registration: Outside EISEF HQ.
- Sponsored Awards registration: Inside EISEF HQ.
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge — before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 26, 2014.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 15, 2014.