(News Archives)List of news pages
August 11, 2009
- EISEF 2009 exhibitors in the news:
July 3, 2009
- Nobel Prize-winner panel at ISEF on May 12.
June 28, 2009
- ISEF photos are now in the 2009 Photo Album. Go see what really happened in Reno!
May 15, 2009
- ISEF Special Awards: These eastern Iowa students received Special Awards in Reno:
- Bailie Bryant & Lynnely Parker, a 2nd-place award of $1,000 each from the Air Force Research Laboratory.
- Raph Burne, an $8,000 scholarship from the Office of Naval Research.
- Yogita Singh & Pandy Wadsworth, a 3rd-place award of $500 from the American Meteorological Society.
- ISEF Grand Awards: These eastern Iowa students received Grand Awards in Reno:
- Bailie Bryant & Lynnely Parker, $500 for 4th Award in the category Team Projects.
- Raph Burne, $500 for 4th Award in the category Engineering: Materials and Bioengineering.
- Pavane Gorrepati, $1000 for 3rd Award in the category Energy and Transportation.
- Shelby Sieren, $500 for 4th Award in the category Energy and Transportation.
April 3, 2009
- The 2009 Photo Album is finished.
- 510 photos in all, all with captions.
- 310 exhibit photos
- 36 award photos
- Many more to tell the visual story of EISEF 2009.
March 29, 2009
- Progress report on photos.
- 100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of every student exhibit, all 201 of them.
- All photos of the students at their exhibits and of the award winners have been posted to the 2009 Photo Album.
March 22, 2009
- Summary of the 2009 Fair:
- The Fair took place on Saturday, March 21, 2009—8 years ago.
- Meet our 2009 Senior Champions!
||Shelby Sieren from Keota and the team of Pandy Wadsworth & Yogita Singh from Fairfield.
|They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Reno, May 12–18.
- 251 students attended, with 201 exhibits.
- 108 judges interviewed them.
- They received 180 awards in all.
- Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to our webmaster, and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
- Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Reno, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
March 16, 2009
- Last-minute information for the 2009 Fair:
- Registration for everybody is at 8:00 am on Fair Day.
- Students, near Center Court in Lindale.
- EISEF judges, outside EISEF HQ, between Center Court and Younkers.
- Sponsored Award judges, inside EISEF HQ.
- Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
- The When And Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
March 6, 2009
- Student Viewing Hour: 2:00–3:00 PM on Fair Day, the junior students get to admire and learn from the senior students.
- Seniors, please stay at your exhibits during this time.
- Juniors, we encourage you to visit the seniors, ask them about their projects, and get pumped about the project you’ll do next year.
- Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge—before the Fair.
- These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
February 9, 2009
- We’ve received our first project entries! Time to enter your project. Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is March 1, 2009.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 21, 2009.
January 15, 2009
- Fundraising for the 2008–2009 season is well underway.
- We’ve started to recruit judges for the 2009 Fair.
October 8, 2008
September 1, 2008
- It’s time to start the 2009 EISEF season. Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- This year’s ISEF will take place May 10–15, 2009, in Reno, Nevada. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
- Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2009.