June 21, 2010
- EISEF 2010 Champion Pavane Gorrepati is in the news!
May 17, 2010
- ISEF Grand Awards: These eastern Iowa students received Grand Awards in San Jose:
- Bailie Bryant & Lynnely Parker, $500 for 4th Award in the category Team Projects.
April 12, 2010
- The 2010 Photo Album is finished.
- 426 photos in all, all with captions.
- 270 exhibit photos
- 50 award photos
- 12 photos of teachers
- Many more to tell the visual story of EISEF 2010.
April 5, 2010
- Progress report on photos.
- 100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of every student exhibit, all 180 of them.
- All photos of the students at their exhibits and of the award winners have been posted to the 2010 Photo Album.
March 21, 2010
- Summary of the 2010 Fair:
- The Fair took place on Saturday, March 20, 2010—7 years ago.
- Meet our 2010 Senior Champions!
Nikhil Dhuna from Burlington
Pavane Gorrepati from Bettendorf
the team of Bailie Bryant & Lynnely Parker from Donnellson
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in San Jose, May 9–14.
- 223 students attended, with 180 exhibits.
- 120 judges interviewed them.
- They received 167 awards in all.
- Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to our webmaster, and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
- Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to San Jose, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
March 2, 2010
- Last-minute information for the 2010 Fair:
- The Fair is Saturday, March 20, 2010, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
- Registration for everybody is at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
- Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
- The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
February 16, 2010
- Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge—before the Fair.
- We’ve received our first project entries! Time to enter your project. Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 28, 2010.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 20, 2010.
February 6, 2010
- Fundraising for the 2009–2010 season is well underway.
January 16, 2010
- We’ve started to recruit judges for the 2010 Fair.
December 15, 2009
- The EISEF Board of Directors adopted this formal mission statement:
We are the Eastern Iowa Science and Engineering Fair (EISEF).
Our mission is to inspire eastern Iowa’s students to pursue careers in science, engineering, and math.
To accomplish our mission, every year we do the following:
- We challenge the students in grades 6–12 to do science projects.
- We support their parents and teachers in guiding their projects.
- We invite them to Cedar Rapids to exhibit their projects and explain what they learned.
- We recognize the deserving students with awards, prizes, and scholarships.
- We send the very best students to the International Science and Engineering Fair, to exhibit their projects alongside the best students from around the world.
- We raise funds and mobilize volunteers and resources to make all this happen.
- We try to have fun doing it, and make it fun for everyone else.
November 14, 2009
- The 2010 EISEF Logo is now available.
September 1, 2009
- It’s time to start the 2010 EISEF season. Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- This year’s ISEF will take place May 9–14, 2010, in San Jose, California. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
- Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2010.