The 2012 Photo Album now has photos of the Iowa students at ISEF in Pittsburgh last May.
- $2,500 for the Monsanto First Award for Innovation in Plant Science
- $3,000 for the First Award in Plant Sciences
The Album contains the following:
- 360 photos in all, all with captions.
- 221 exhibit photos
- 46 award photos
- Many more to tell the visual story of EISEF 2012.
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2012 Photo Album.
100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of all the student exhibits. Now we’ll gradually caption these photos and post them to the 2012 Photo Album.
Check out this gallery of photos taken by Mark Oehler, the professional photographer at the Fair. It includes photos of nearly all the student exhibits.
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 17, 2012—5 years ago.
Meet our 2012 Senior Champions!
Micaela Bryant from Donnellson
Surekha Mullangi from Burlington
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Pittsburgh, May 13–18.
- 224 students attended, with 183 exhibits.
- 110 judges interviewed them.
- They received 205 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2012 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to our webmaster, and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Pittsburgh, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 17, 2012, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
- EISEF Headquarters: Lower level by Center Court.
- Student registration: Center Court, near the fountain, between Kay Jewelers and Rogers Jewelry.
- Judges’ registration: Outside EISEF HQ.
- Sponsored Awards registration: Inside EISEF HQ.
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge — before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 26, 2012.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 17, 2012.
What’s involved in being a judge? Our Judges page tells you.
Do you want to judge? Fill out our Volunteer Signup form and let us know!
Do you want to help recruit judges? Post our 2012 judging flyers, or use them as handouts.
Taylor Morgen, an 11th-grader in Yorktown Heights, New York, is researching how high school “internship”-style programs affect students later in life. For this she’s seeking adults to take her web survey at “Evaluation of Academic Extracurricular Programs”.
She will keep your responses confidential. She’ll share her findings if you send email to with “Evaluation of Academic Extracurricular Programs” in the subject line.
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Tuesday, September 13, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place May 13–18, 2012, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2012.