Grand Awards for Iowa students in Los Angeles:
Aparna Ajjarapu (Ames High School, Ames)
- Microbiology, Fourth Award of $500
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2014 Photo Album.
100% coverage! This year, we got a photo of all the student exhibits. We’ve posted them to the 2014 Photo Album. Now to tweak their captions, and add other photos from the Fair.
Mark Oehler, the professional photographer at the Fair, has a gallery of the EISEF 2014 exhibits for you to enjoy.
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 15, 2014 — 3 years ago.
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, May 11–16.
- 259 students attended, with 188 exhibits.
- 126 judges interviewed them.
- They received 190 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2014 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to the , and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Los Angeles, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 15, 2014, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
Key locations (All locations are the same as 2013.)
- EISEF Headquarters: Lower level by Center Court.
- Student registration: Center Court, near the fountain, between Kay Jewelers and Rogers Jewelry.
- Judges’ registration: Outside EISEF HQ.
- Sponsored Awards registration: Inside EISEF HQ.
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge — before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 26, 2014.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 15, 2014.
For several years veteran judge Gary Ellis has conducted training or orientation sessions for judges on Fair Day morning. Now we’ve captured his training on video (on this page) so you can see it before the Fair. Check it out!
EISEF director Jo Mahoney reports:
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Tuesday, September 10, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place in Los Angeles, California, May 11–16, 2014. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2014.