For years EISEF has posted announcements and information as news items on our web site. However, if you wanted to read these news items, you had to know about them and visit them on our web site from time to time. Now we’ve decided that more of you will read them if we send them to you — like in a newsletter.
Features of the EISEF newsletter:
- We’ll send you the newsletter via e-mail, whenever a news item appears.
- We won’t send you the newsletter unless you subscribe, except:
- You can stop receiving the newsletter at any time by unsubscribing.
- The news items are short and quick to read. They include links to details, if you’re interested.
- We’ll send 8–12 items per year — we won’t clog your in-box. (Example: our 2014 news archive.)
Subscribe to the EISEF newsletter, and stay up-to-date on what we’re doing for you!
Pranav Chhaliyil was named a Broadcom MASTERS Semifinalist.
List of semifinalists
These Iowa students received Grand Awards at ISEF in Pittsburgh:
Manasa Pagadala (Rivermont Collegiate, Bettendorf)
- Energy: Chemical, Fourth Award of $500
Sweta Sudhir (Kennedy HS, Cedar Rapids)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology, Fourth Award of $500
These Iowa students received Special Awards at ISEF in Pittsburgh:
Bimba Shrestha & Doga Ozesmi (Fairfield)
- GoDaddy Forward Thinker Award of $1,500
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 21, 2015 — 2 years ago.
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Pittsburgh, May 10–15.
- 284 students attended, with 203 exhibits.
- 124 judges interviewed them.
- They received 177 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2015 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to the , and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Pittsburgh, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 21, 2015, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
Key locations (All locations are the same as 2014.)
- EISEF Headquarters: Lower level by Center Court.
- Student registration: Center Court, near the fountain, between Kay Jewelers and Rogers Jewelry.
- Judges’ registration: Outside EISEF HQ.
- Sponsored Awards registration: Inside EISEF HQ.
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge — before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is March 2, 2015.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 21, 2014.
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Thursday, September 11, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 10–15, 2015. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2015.