These Iowa students received Grand Awards at ISEF in Phoenix:
Pranav Chhaliyil (Maharishi SAE, Fairfield)
- Microbiology, Fourth Award of $500
Sweta Sudhir (Kennedy HS, Cedar Rapids)
- Cellular and Molecular Biology, Fourth Award of $500
We received this e-mail on March 30, 2016:
Sign up for the study if it interests you, and forward this invitation as you think fit.
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2016 Photo Album.
98% coverage! This year, we got a photo of all but 3 of the student exhibits. We’ve posted them to the 2016 Photo Album. Now to tweak their captions, and add other photos from the Fair.
Missing photos. We have no photos of the following students at their exhibits:
- JB35: Aidan Boyer
- SB18: Regan Ball
- SP17T: Emily Brown & Bethany Smith
If you took their pictures at their exhibits, please e-mail the photos to the .
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 19, 2016 — 12 months ago.
Doga Ozesmi from Fairfield
Sweta Sudhir from Cedar Rapids
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Phoenix, May 8–13, 2016.
Center court of Lindale Mall, just before judging started.
- 275 students attended from 24 schools, with 213 exhibits.
- 123 judges interviewed them.
- They received 208 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2016 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to the , and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Phoenix, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 19, 2016, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
Key locations (Some have changed from 2015.)
- EISEF Headquarters: Main level near Younkers, between Finish Line and Victoria’s Secret.
- Student registration: Center Court, near the fountain, between Kay Jewelers and Rogers Jewelry.
- Judges’ registration: Outside EISEF HQ.
- Sponsored Awards registration: Inside EISEF HQ.
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge — before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 29, 2016.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 19, 2016.
Location and date of this year’s Fair: Lindale Mall in Cedar Rapids, on March 19, 2016.
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Thursday, September 10, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place in Phoenix, Arizona, May 8–13, 2016. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2016.