EISEF exists to benefit the students. It happens each year thanks to the efforts of hundreds of unpaid volunteers. You can be one of them.
What does it take? Just a willingness to help. You don’t need a science background. As you can see below, we have lots of different jobs you can do.
Are you interested in helping? Then let us know by visiting our Volunteer Signup page and filling out the form.
Are you wondering where you should go on Fair Day, and when? Visit the When And Where page for answers to these questions.
Your rewards for volunteering at the Fair:
- You’ll know that you’ve encouraged our young people to pursue their interests in science and engineering.
- You’ll see some interesting science exhibits and talk to their enthusiastic creators.
- You’ll have a reason to visit Lindale Mall on a March Saturday—for the whole day, if you want.
- You’ll receive a pin with this year’s EISEF logo.
Jobs you can do for the Fair:
- Set-up (afternoon and evening before the Fair)
- Activities on Fair Day (Saturday, March 18, 2017):
(the Schedule For Fair Day shows when these jobs need doing)
- Judge for EISEF awards (8:00 AM–1:00 PM)
- Judge for Sponsored awards (8:00 AM–2:00 PM)
- Register students (8:00 AM–9:00 AM)
- Register judges (8:00 AM–9:30 AM)
- Inspect exhibits for safety & standards compliance (8:00 AM–9:00 AM)
- Interview our Senior Finalists, to choose the Champions (all afternoon)
- Prepare the Sponsored awards for presentation (mid to late afternoon)
- Take pictures for our web site and other publications
- Enter data on our computers
- Act as runner, go-fer, host
- Direct traffic, monitor the room
- Tear down at the end of Fair Day (5:00 PM–6:00 PM)
- Activities that last all or part of the season
(September through March):