The 2011 Photo Album now has photos of the Iowa students at ISEF in Los Angeles last May.
Wesley Weirather (Central Lee MS, Donnellson) has been named a Broadcom MASTERS 2011 Semifinalist.
These EISEF students received Grand Awards in Los Angeles:
- Atreya Dey, $500 for 4th Award in the category Environmental Management.
The Album contains the following:
- 483 photos in all, all with captions.
- 323 exhibit photos
- 51 award photos
- 7 photos of 12 teachers
- Many more to tell the visual story of EISEF 2011.
All photos of the award winners have been posted to the 2011 Photo Album.
99.5% coverage! This year, we got a photo of 209 student exhibits out of 210. We missed Sam Arsanjani. If you have a photo of him at his exhibit, please .
Now we’ll gradually caption all photos of the students at their exhibits and post them to the 2011 Photo Album.
The Fair took place on Saturday, March 19, 2011—6 years ago.
Meet our 2011 Senior Champions!
Cayla Pieper from Fort Madison
Atreya Dey from Fairfield
They won at EISEF in Cedar Rapids. Now they’re headed to the International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, May 8–13.
- 255 students attended, with 210 exhibits.
- 143 judges interviewed them.
- They received 203 awards in all.
- All the exhibits and awards at the fair.
- EISEF 2011 Photo Album. (This will take a couple of weeks.)
Did you take photos at the Fair? If you’d like to share them, we’d love to see them. E-mail them to our webmaster, and maybe we’ll include them in our photo album.
Senior and Junior Champions: Now you have to get ready to go to Los Angeles, and you have to meet some strict deadlines. Our Post-Fair Info page tells all about it.
The Fair is Saturday, March 19, 2011, in Lindale Mall, Cedar Rapids.
Registration for everybody starts at 8:00 AM on Fair Day.
- EISEF judges
- Sponsored Award judges
Last-minute judges and volunteers: come to Registration (EISEF Headquarters) and we’ll sign you up there.
The When and Where page has schedules, maps, and directions to help you find your way on Fair Day.
Students! You can check your entries on the Status of Student Entries page.
Judges! You can pick the exhibits you’d like to judge—before the Fair. These pages list the entries we’ve received, with their titles and descriptions. Look them over, choose the ones that are right for you, and you’ll be ready to sign up on Fair Day morning.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read the For Students And Teachers page and follow its directions.
- Check the Forms Guide to find out what forms and certificates you need to fill out and when.
- Finish your experiment and complete your paperwork.
- Fill out the Student Entry Form and submit it.
- Mail us copies of your Student Entry Signature Pages and all your other paperwork. The deadline is February 27, 2011.
- Check the status of your entry on the Status of Student Entries page.
- Bring the originals of all paperwork with you to the Fair on March 19, 2011.
A logo appropriate for any year:
What’s involved in being a judge? Our Judges page tells you.
Do you want to judge? Fill out our Volunteer Signup form and let us know!
Do you want to help recruit judges? Post our 2011 judging flyers, or use them as handouts.
Come to the first EISEF Board meeting and see what it takes to put on a science fair!
- When and where: Tuesday, September 14, at 5:30 PM, in the Marion Public Library.
- The Calendar of Events shows the meeting dates for the whole season.
This year’s ISEF will take place May 8–13, 2011, in Los Angeles, California. Visit the ISEF Website for more information.
Senior students & teachers: You need to review the ISEF rules—they’ve changed for 2011.